Alpha Waves (Atari ST) 1990
First 3D platformer
1) Provided the first truly immersive 3D experience, combining for the first time fullscreen, six-axis, flat-shaded 3D with 3D object interaction (like bouncing on a platform).
2) Alpha Waves was an abstract game with a moody, artistic presentation, curiously named for its supposed ability to stimulate the different emotional centers of the brain with its use of color and music.
3) The DOS port was done by Frédérick Raynal, a notable game designer who would go on to develop Alone in the Dark (1992). He has said that his work on Alpha Waves was a major inspiration for the 3D engine for Alone in the Dark.
4) PC version was also localized in North America retitled "Continuum".
5) No visible depth-of-field clipping (objects disappearing in the distance).
7) Computer Gaming World stated that the game "plays like one would expect a Star Trek: The Next Generation "holodeck" game to play".
7) First 3D platform game, released in 1990, 6 years before Super Mario 64.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag