ARQuake (Unix custom computer) 2000
First mobile augmented reality game
Computer and player
Magazine review - Computers & Graphics, (2001)
"ARQuake is another example of a system that blends users in the real world with those in apurely virtual environment. A mobile AR user played a combatant in the computer game Quake, where the game ran with a virtual model of the real environment."
1) ARQuake is an Augmented Reality version (mod) of the popular Quake game by id Software. Created in the Wearable Computer Lab at the University of South Australia in the year 2000. Used a head mounted display with transpatent image, special laptop based on Unix (in the bag on the back), head tracker, and GPS system to provide inputs to control the game, and small plastic gun prop.
2) The monsters' skin colour and texture were changed to make them easier to see and distinguish from the physical world.
3) Head mounted display is Sony Glasstron - 800x600 SVGA resolution.
4) Because budget reasons, less quality cameras and devices was used, so image can be better (if you have many thousands of dollars for expensive devices).
5) System overall weight is 16 kg.
7) Multiplayer - is the next step for Arquake developers in the future.
8) Beacause of the police attention on the streets Realistic plastic
gun prop was replaced by kids toy.
9) First home augmented reality game is The Eye of Judgment (2007).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag