Brave Fire Fighters (arcade) 1999
Emulation: demul (bad emulation)
First phong shading, next step in fire and water graphics depiction, next step in lighting effects.
Arcade system: Sega Hikaru
pictures from manual
1) It was the first game to use Phong shading-refers to an interpolation technique for surface shading in 3D computer graphics. It is also called Phong interpolation or normal-vector interpolation shading. Iis now ubiquitous in 3D games. In comparison, the PC was not capable of effective Phong shading until the ATI Radeon graphics card released in 2002 and consoles could not until the Xbox 360 in 2005. By the mid-2000s, Phong shading eventually replaced Gouraud shading (watch Sim Drive) as the most common shading technique in the video game industry.
2) Sega Hikaru system also had the most advanced lighting effects of its time. It was capable of four light sources per polygon and up to 1024 light sources per scene, more than what consoles or PC graphics cards could do for the next several years.
3) Players use a fire hose that replicates the weight, grip and controls of a real fire hose.The nozzle vibrates when the spray switch is depressed adding greatly to the illusion of reality.
4) In September 1999, IGN stated that "the environments are more detailed than House of the Dead 2, and the fire effects are the best we've ever seen".
5) Processor 400 mhz.
6) This arcade cabinet has remote control!
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag