Crysis (Windows) 2007
First SSAO -Screen space ambient occlusion, advanced Object Motion Blur
pictures from manual and strategy guide
Earliest Magazine preview - Games tm (2007)
Magazine review - Games tm (2008)
1) Engine of the game - CryEngine 2 was among the first engines to use the DirectX 10.
2) Demo scenario of the game was included in demo version (some differences - jeep in the beginning run to training base and get suit thereand do training- and other dialog differences).
3) GameSpot awarded Crysis a score of 9.5 out of 10, describing it as "easily one of the greatest shooters ever made".
4) By May 2010 the game has sold over 3 million units (and its standalone expansion about 1.5 million units) making it one of the best selling PC games of all time.
5) There are references to Chinese soliders, who were changed to Korean soldiers to avoid a ban in China.
6) Crysis is often used as a benchmark in computer tests, as Crysis at the highest settings and
resolutions required processing power from computers that was unfeasible when it was first released. In its time, the game was so demanding on previous computer hardware that the catchphrase "Yeah, but can it run Crysis?" was frequently added to graphics card reviews. This phrase has become an internet meme, usually used facetiously when discussing seemingly high-end computer hardware.
7) Deleted from origonal game -Tactical wapon (you can mark your enemies with it), death of your partners
could change gameplay).
8) Budget - 20 million dolllars.
9) Game was unplayable at highest settings on any consumer computer at the time. Later hardware that can run it on max settings appeared - you still need SLI (or latest videocard ) and 3+ cpu.
10) Screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) -The algorithm is implemented as a pixel shader, analyzing the scene depth buffer which is stored in a texture. For every pixel on the screen, the pixel shader samples the depth values around the current pixel and tries to compute the amount of occlusion from each of the sampled points. In its simplest implementation, the occlusion factor depends only on the depth difference between sampled point and current point.
11) First per object motion blur was in Blast Corps.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag