Daytona USA (arcade) 1993
Emulation: Model 2 emulator
Next step in 3D racing - one of the first video games to feature advanced for its time , filtered, texture-mapped polygons, giving it the most detailed graphics yet seen in a video game, first "transform, clipping, and lighting"
(T&L), Reflection (environment) mapping
Arcade system: Sega Model 2
Magazine preview - Computer and video games (1994)
1) At the time of its release, game was considered the most visually detailed 3D racing game. Compared to the flat-shaded polygons of its predecessor, Virtua Racing, Daytona's 3D-world was fully texture-mapped, giving it a more realistic appearance than the former.
2) Daytona maintained a consistent 60 fps refresh rate, even with multiple opponents on screen, surpassing the motion smoothness of the only other racing game in a comparable graphical arena, Namco's Ridge Racer.
3) Daytona USA offers multiplayer and introduced the possibility of linking four twin cabinets or eight deluxe cabinets to create an eight-player competition. Linked deluxe cabinets may also include a camera pointing towards the drivers seat, linked to a closed-circuit television to show the player on a separate screen.
4) The depiction of the Hornet car in the original game resembles both a Chevrolet Beretta and a first generation Chevrolet Lumina, although the former was never entered in NASCAR.
5) Daytona also caused and still causes a problem in the arcade industry, Sega had come up with such a 'killer app' that no other game from them or any other company since has matched it in terms of profitability, leading to the phrase heard from most site operators, 'It's no Daytona'
6) This game contains statues of Sonic the Hedgehog and Jeffrey from "Virtua Fighter"
7) One of the first reflections in games (first game with reflections was Dark Edge (1992).
8) Transformation is the task of producing a two-dimensional view of a three-dimensional scene. Clipping means only drawing the parts of the scene that will be present in the picture after rendering is completed. Lighting is the task of altering the colour of the various surfaces of the scene on the basis of lighting information.
9) Reflection mapping- In computer graphics, environment mapping,or reflection mapping, is an efficient image-based lighting technique for approximating the appearance of a reflective surface by means of a precomputed texture image. The texture is used to store the image of the distant environment surrounding the rendered object.(the cars appear to be reflective)
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag