Far Cry 2 (Windows) 2008
Advanced dynamic fire propagation, storm effects (for weather),more realistic semi-destructible environments, procedural breakage of vegetation and its regeneration over time, volumetric wind effects capable of breaking vegetation and spreading fire, advanced enemies AI
pictures from strategy guide
pictures from manual
Earliest Magazine preview - Games tm (2008)
Magazine review - Games tm (2009)
1) Advanced fire propagation - unique mechanism, which allows a small fire to spread and eventually cause large brush fires, may be used either to the player's advantage during combat or against the player. The behavior of fire is dependent on factors such as wind speed, wind direction, rain, and vegetation type. For example, a fire may not spread as easily in a lush, moist jungle environment compared to dry, grassy plains and savannahs. First game with fire propagation is Alone in the Dark (2008).
2) Unnamed country in the game based on Tanzania.
3) Game is based on the novel Heart of Darkness (1899) by Joseph Conrad.
4) The jungle in the pre-alpha looked more realistic (toned down to match computer requirements at the time).
5) When you meet Frank Bilders, one of the NPCs helping you when you're in serious health troubles, at the end of the first conversation he will say: "A bit of ultra-violence!". This is a reference to the cult movie "A Clockwork Orange" and the novel it was based on.
6) Some African wildlife are featured in the game world, but herbivores only; according to the developers, predators without careful control would have eaten all the herbivores and starved to death
7) A major gameplay feature is that these weapons degrade over time. Weapons become dirty and prone to jamming and will eventually catastrophically fail, break in half, and become completely unusable.
8) Game has no reference to first Far cry game at all. It's just has same name.
9) Next step in AI- The AI is behavior based and uses action selection, essential if an AI is to
multitask or react to a situation. The AI can react in an unpredictable fashion in many situations. The enemies respond to sounds and visual distractions such as fire or nearby explosions and can
be subject to investigate the hazard, the player can utilize these distractions to his own advantage. There are also social interfaces with an AI but however not in the form of direct
conversation but more reactionary, if the player gets too close or even nudges an AI, the player is subject to getting shoved off or sworn at and by extent getting aimed at. Other social
interfaces between AI exist when in combat, or neutral situations, if an enemy AI is injured on the ground, he will shout out for help, release emotional distress, etc.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag