Half-Life 2 (Windows) 2004
Next step in 3D First person shooter- Source engine comes with a heavily modified version of the Havok physics engine that allows for further interactivity, advanced
detailed physics simulation, advanced face animation
Magazine review - GMR (2005)
Magazine preview and commercial - PC Games Addict (2004)
Magazine preview - PC Gaming World (2004)
1) Deleted enemy from the game -Combine Assassin. Spawnable in the prototype as npc_fassassin, this enemy is a remake of the female assassins found in the first game. The only map with one pre-placed is the fake e3_Gurluas. Presented in Half life 2 arcade version altough (picture below)
Interestingly, she sports a pair of heelsprings that were recycled for Chell - hero of the game Portal.there even face model for Chell in unused game files (picture below)
2) Plot - Gordon Freeman is brought out of stasis by the G-Man, who inserts him into a train arriving at City 17.After arriving at the station and eluding Combine forces, Gordon joins Lambda
resistance members including Barney Calhoun, The game is set around the fictitious City 17, roughly 20 years after the events of its predecessor Half-Life.
3) In May 2013, Valve released a beta update to Half-Life 2 which included support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset.
4) Source code leak- the hacker was also able to guess developer Gabe Newell's password, which was simply "gaben".
5) Guinness World Records awarded Half-Life 2 the world record for "Highest Rated Shooter by PC Gamer Magazine" in the Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition 2008.
6) Half-Life 2 was selected by readers of The Guardian as the best game of the decade, with praise given especially to the environment design throughout the game. According to the newspaper, it "pushed the envelope for the genre, and set a new high watermark for FPS narrative."
7) Soviet City 17 - City 17, the main location of Half-Life 2, strongly resembles Eastern European and Soviet cities of the communist era; the architecture style of suburb districts is nearly identical to what can be see (even until now) in East Berlin, Prague, Moscow, etc. However, there is also more direct evidence to the "Soviet" nature of City 17; several times some Russian words can be spotted. For example, during the mud skipper chase there are large gates with the words ПОРТ written above; "порт" is Russian for "port" (pronounced roughly the same way as the English word). Even letters on the building in the beginnig (1st chapter) resemble USSR.
8) According to the book Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar, the original storyline spanned four in-game days instead of just three. Among the parts cut are an antlion cave, a train ride through a dried out sea bed, a ship called the "Borealis", the underwater "Kraken Base", a Combine weather control station, a chapter set in arctic regions and a skyscraper. Many of these places show up in pre-release screenshots and press material.Some parts were recycled for existing Half-Life 2 chapters, many others are making a comeback in the Half-Life 2 episodes.
8) The game does not contain a model or texture for Gordon Freeman, except for his hands. A grey, untextured Freeman model can be spawned in Gary's mod, but the actual game prevents the player from ever seeing Freeman's face or body.
9) Shotgun Soldiers appear throughout Half-Life 2 and its episodes in the console versions of The Orange Box, but originally only appeared in Episode Two on PC. As of the May 26, 2010 updates, Shotgun Soldiers appear in Half-Life 2 and Episode One on PCs as well as consoles. This also adds red goggle-wearing Nova Prospekt guards to the PC version of Half-Life 2. In the Half-Life 2 port for the original xbox there are no Shotgun Soldiers because the game was released in 2005, two years before the orange box.
10) Some enemise like striders are cyborgs.
11) Alyx Vance is modelled after American actress and television host Jamil Giovanni Mullen.(pictures below)
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag