Kung-Fu Master (arcade) 1984
First sidescrolling beat 'em up
Arcade system: Irem M62
Magazine review- Electronic Games (1985)
1) A french movie, 'Le Petit Amour', by Agnes Varda, doesn't have 'Kung-Fu Master' just as the name in USA but also has an intro with a scroll-lateral reference to the game and a lot of scenes of the game itself too! One thing that can cause some strangeness is the fact that the movie is a romance and not a fighting/action movie as the US name can propose.
2) Game was initially released in Japan under the title of Spartan X.
3) Based on the Bruce Lee movie "Game of Death", then changed and marketed as a tie-in based on the Jackie Chan film "Wheels on Meals" , however the game has no bearing on the plot of the film outside the names of the protagonist and his girlfriend, allowing Irem to export the game without the license by simply changing title.
4) The game was produced for Irem by Takashi Nishiyama, who also created Irem's 1982 arcade-hit Moon Patrol, and later designed the original 1987 Street Fighter at Capcom before leaving to run SNK's videogame development division, creating the Neo Geo arcade system board and its games like Fatal Fury: King of Fighters, Art of Fighting, The King of Fighters '94, and Samurai Shodown.
5) In the game you have a 5-Floor Pagoda (which is Beopjusa in Chungcheongbuk-do, South-Korea) and the Giant Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. In the movie 'Bruce's Finger', you can see the kidnapping letter and a tied-up girl in a red dress. In the movie 'Goodbye Bruce Lee, his Last Game of Death' you can see the red pillars and the ceiling tape, like in the game.
6) One of the few games where you can beat children (The official name for green-clad boys which make their first appearance on Floor 2 is 'Tom Tom'.
7) Game has no actiual ending - and a rumor says in Sweden "Beat the last boss 10 times and you will meet a dragon, and if you beat that dragon - you finaly complete the game".
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag