Magic Carpet (DOS) 1994
First 3D water effect (advanced Fluid simulation), First destructible terrain,
advanced reflections, First Anti-aliasing, first auto-stereogram game
Magazine review-Electronic Entertainment (1995)
1) Revolutionary for the time were real-time terrain-altering spells such as crater, volcano, and earthquake; it is possible for the player to carve through a continent (rather than splitting apart a land mass, earthquake digs a twisting gorge in the ground), build up a volcano, or dig a lake (with crater). Magic Carpet had what was perhaps the best graphics engine of that time.
2) Magic Carpet was one of the first games to support 3D viewers/glasses in many different configurations. You can use virtual reality headsets, red/blue glasses... the program will even generate a realtime random dot stereogram!
3) First reflections was in Dark Edge (1992)
4) Game presented first Anti-aliasing (called "softer" in the game -press F4 to enable it)
5) Destructible environment, or terrain deformation, refers to an environment within a game which can be wholly or partially destroyed by the player. It may refer to any part of the environment including terrain, buildings and other man-made structures.
6) Watch Tread Marks (2000) for more destructible terrain.
7) Antialiasing is the smoothing of the image or sound roughness caused by aliasing . With images, approaches include adjusting pixel positions or setting pixel intensities so that there is a more gradual transition between the color of a line and the background color.
8) An autostereogram is a single-image stereogram (SIS), designed to create the visual illusion of a three-dimensional (3D) scene from a two-dimensional image.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag