Mizzurna Falls (PlayStation) 1998
First open world game with walk and drive functions
1) Plot - A killer stalks a North American town called Mizzurna Falls.
2) True predecessor of Shenmue (1999) (phone numbers in notebook, date and
day-night changes (first presented in Hunter for sandbox games, wake up in the mornin in own house (you can
save the game there, etc)
3) Ability to eat in restaurants - used after in open world genre first only in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004).
4) Full onscreen map looks like a map in Grand Theft Auto 3 (2001).
6) You can use computer (actually its a library screen but screen in not active,only text
subtitles) first time in open world games
7) You can see lens flare effect in some places - inroduced only in 1997 (I-War).
8) First motorcycle in open world - but only enemy can ride on this (it's scripted). Motorcycles later appeared in Shenmue (but in not open world section), and in GTA Vice City (2002) - full functioning.
9) You can use boat in Third person mode in open world (first apeared in open world in Hunter (1991) and even elevators ( ut;s all later appeared in GTA3)
10) Game heavily influenced by cult movies of David Lynch - Tvin Peaks and Blue velvet - and its best
game based on these films (since games version of these films not exist).
11) Remained a Japanese-territory exclusive and never saw an official localization because glitchy
techology of the game.
12) Like Trespasser (same year) this game is almost unfinished (many bugs -no guns in hands, people walk
on the sky, you can see through the walls sometimes.
11) Title explanatiom (SPOILER ALERT!). Mizzurna Falls - name of the town, nae of the fall in the town, and - its a name of the ancient (fictional) god who falls from the sky someday on the city (like ancient legend says).
Mizzurna means - truth.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag