NASA Virtual Reality Headset (1985) (custom computer)
First Virtual Reality headset
1) Developed at NASA with help of VPL research.
2) Costs $30.000-50.000. Have 64x32 monochromic resolution display, 25-30 Hz screens, Latency = > 90-120 ms or more.
3) Used most powerful at the time of release Silicon Graphics computer one for each lense. (maybe Cray computers)
4) VPL Research has developed several VR devices like the Data Glove, the Eye Phone, and the Audio Sphere. VPL licensed the Data Glove technology to Mattel, which used it to make an accessory known as the Power Glove (watch Super Glove Ball- headset used same technology for gloves.
6) Has speech recognition, controller and gloves.
5) Used wireframe graphics, like first augmented glasses The Sword of Damocles.
3) NASA should sue Zenimax (who says that oculus stole something from them) - for billions dollars now.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer