Outcast (Windows) 1999
First bloom lighting, first depth of field effect, first keyframe animation, first procedural
animaation, first Relief mapping, advanced lens flare effect (first used in I-War
Magazine review - Computer and video games (1999)
1) The AI used in Outcast was considered revolutionary at the time it was released. It was based on a proprietary engine codenamed GAIA, for Game Artificial Intelligence with Agents. Intelligence
is represented as a distributed activity over a set of autonomous routines called agents. An agent uses skills, such as hearing, sight, acrobatic, to complete assigned tasks. These agents can
interact and even compete with each other to realize a complex task.
2) Outcast features a high-quality orchestral score composed by Lennie Moore and performed by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra and choir. At the time of Outcast's release, orchestral game scores were uncommon, and Moore's achievement was hailed as "absolutely top-notch".
3) In 2001 a Appeal developed sequel, called Outcast II: The Lost Paradise, was never finished due to bankruptcy.
4) Myst series (travel to worlds through portals) and Half-Life (costume voice of the hero) -one of many inspirations for this game.
5) Bloom lighting is a computer graphics effect used in video games, demos and high dynamic range rendering (HDR) to reproduce an imaging artifact of real-world cameras. The effect produces fringes (or feathers) of light extending from the borders of bright areas in an image, contributing to the illusion of an extremely bright light overwhelming the camera or eye capturing the scene.
6) Depth of field - a post-processing blurring effect used mostly by modern action games, particularly modern first-person shooters. Used to blur foreground or background elements to simulate a lens focus.
7) A key frame in animation and filmmaking is a drawing that defines the starting and ending points of any smooth transition.
8) Game uses voxels. Watch Blade Runner for more voxel games.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag