Resistance: Fall of Man (PlayStation 3) 2006
First game to use Blu-Ray disk, first game to use a 7.1-channel PCM soundtrack, advanced show animation
Magazine review - Games tm (2006)
1) Insomniac was said to "love the Blu-ray's contribution of tremendous space to gaming".
2) First game for PS3 and the first PlayStation 3 game to sell over one million copies, followed immediately by MotorStorm.
3) The game motion sensing feature of the SIXAXIS controller is used for a number of things including shaking off enemies that grab onto the player, shaking off tags and flames in multiplayer, and quickly bringing up a map or leaderboard in a multiplayer match.
4) While in multiplayer game, players could talk to their team mates by using a Bluetooth or USB headset.
5) Jeremy Dunham declaring that while other consoles had to wait years to get their killer app, "PlayStation 3 users get theirs on day one."
6) The combat scenes that take place within a virtual representation of Manchester Cathedral in England caused controversy with the leaders of the Church of England. They claimed its depiction to be desecration and copyright infringement, and that it was inappropriate of Sony to allow players to fire guns in a city with a gun problem. They have made several legal threats against Sony. It eventually even became a question for UK prime minister Tony Blair in the Houses of Parliament. Ironically, sales were proven to go up after the controversy and the game was nominated for a BAFTA (British Academy Video Game Award). Manchester Cathedral noted increased attendance from tourists since the release of the game.
7) Final version of the game supports 720p (1280x720) resolution, however during development the game supported 1080i (1440x1080), but it was removed due to a last minute PS3 hardware change.
8) Beta of the game called 1-8. - Some noticeable changes -there are large amounts of enemies onscreen at once, the Chimeras are much more aggressive, and the animations are much better (was toned down as usual for the days of 2006 hardware).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag