Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury (Windows) 1999
Next step in facial motion capture (first performance capture)
1) Probably one of the most legendary cancelled video games.
2) Motion capture data could not be imported into Lightwave 3D, so time had to be spent developing a
plug in for Lightwave. Another problem with the motion capture was that several motion capture
houses could not deliver enough data for the developer. The game went through two motion capture
houses before finding a house that could deliver the required data.By this time, Secret of Vulcan Fury had cost Interplay millions of dollars. Interplay then had a horrible financial quarter, forcing them to cut projects and 50 employees. Half the artists on the project were let go and the others eventually left. Later, the game was cancelled completely.
3) Due to all the setbacks, the game was not even close to being finished when it was cancelled.Developer John McGinley state that estimates about 5% was finished.
4) There was also an interactive demo made for E3 in 1998, however that was not released to the public.
5) The game was going to be point-and-click. One website described it as being similar to LucasArt's Full Throttle.
6) Secret of Vulcan Fury was going to feature voice work from ALL of the original cast. William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, George Take and DeForest Kelley all provided their voices for the game.
7) After Roughnecks finished, Paramount seriously considered making a CGI series based on the Original
Series. There were also two video tests from the project that were leaked to the public. The first one is of Kirk's head, while the second is of Spock doing Joe Pesci's lines from the movie Goodfellas. Paramount eventually decided not to do the project.
8) The storyline was written D. C. Fontana, who was a writer on both Star Trek: The Original Series and season one of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and the script was directed by John Meredyth Lucas who had previously written and directed episodes of The Original Series.
9) Genre -Adventure
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag