Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (Windows) 1997
First 2048x1536 resolution game (2K), first full HD game (1080p)
Magazine preview -Computer and Video Games (1997)
Magazine review -Computer and Video Games (1997)
1) It is one of the early games to adopt the use of 3D graphics hardware acceleration using Microsoft Direct3D.
2) First today's standart Star wars game - third person with lightsaber.
3) Between levels Jedi Knight features full motion video cutscenes. The characters are represented by live actors while the backgrounds are pre-rendered graphics. The cutscenes included the first lightsaber footage filmed since Return of the Jedi in 1983.
4) The game was compared positively with Doom, a significant game in the first-person shooter genre.
5) The graphical presentation of the levels received specific praise from IGN: "No other first person shooter has come close to Jedi Knight 's dizzying sense of scale and its vast levels.".
6) According to some rumors at the time of development and release, LucasArts contacted Lucasfilm and George Lucas directly over the effects of a lightsaber when submerged in water.
7) The music heard in the game is taken directly from the original Star Wars trilogy film soundtracks, performed by London Symphony Orchestra. It's included on the game CDs as Red Book .Audio which means that the game CDs can be listened to in an ordinary CD player.
8) During the game's many live action sequences, fans of Star Wars are treated to many new colors of lightsabers. (At this point in the franchise, only red/blue/green lightsabers had been seen.) Among the new sabers are yellow and purple ones.
9) There was ability to light saber throw (like in later games) but it was not done in game -maybe has been to complicated fot the time .
10) Pro Pinball: Timeshock! (1997) was released same day as Star wars game and has 1600x1200 resolution.
11) Game had new record for screen resolution not only first first full HD game (1080p)(1920x1080), but first 2K resolution (2048x1536). Previous mass market game record in resolution was held by Cyberbykes .
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag