Vanquish (PlayStation 3) 2010
First rocket-sliding mechanic in shooters - that acts as both a defensive escape and an offensive setup, opening up new gameplay possibilities for shooter
games, advanced cover system, next step in Third-person shooters
1) Fast-paced style of gameplay reminiscent of 2D bullet hell shooters (watch Batsugun).
2) Rocket-sliding mechanic -player control Sam Gideon, a DARPA agent armed with the Augmented Reaction Suit. If the player takes too much damage, the suit will automatically enter Augmented Reaction mode (AR mode), which slows down time, helping the player to avoid being killed. The player can also manually enter AR mode by holding down the target button while evading, allowing the player to target enemies easily. At any time, the player can use boosters on the suit to move quickly across the area. If the player uses AR mode or the boosters too much in a short time, the suit will overheat and will require a short period to cool down, during which Sam is less mobile.
3) Vanquish has since set a new trend that can be seen in upcoming shooters which have incorporated similar sliding mechanics, including Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, and Killzone 3.
4) Advanced cover system - which it has been credited for taking "to the next level." In contrast to previous cover-based shooters, Vanquish has bullets and missiles coming from all directions in a manner reminiscent of bullet hell shooters and the cover is easily destructible, forcing the player character to be on the move, while the game also penalizes the player's score for the amount of time spent in cover
Cover system first used in WinBack: Covert Operations.
5) GameSpot gave the game the award for "Best Original Game Mechanic".
6) Dance of the robots from the game is from cult movie Boogie nights (1997), which was in 2008 used in South park episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft".
7) First game with giant monsters was Painkiller (2004).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag