Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PlayStation 2) 2004
Best selling multiplatform game ever - 27 millions units, biggest open world city at the time, largest voice cast for the game
Magazine preview - GamePro australia (2003)
Magazine preview-Edge (2004)
Magazine review - Games tm Australia (2004)
Magazine review - Games tm Australia (2004)
Magazine review - Games tm Australia (2005)
Magazine preview - GMR (2004)
Magazine review - GMR (2005)
1) First time in open world games you can ride a bike (altough bike first appeared for open world games in Shenmue (1999) beta version - it was cut from the game)
2) Cards in casino- is the art from GTA3 and GTA Vice city.
3) First word "cunt" in videogames -in mission "Don Peyote" (Watch Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers for first "fuck"and "shit" words in games).
4) In the stock Windows version, vehicles are always dirty and do not get clean following rainfall or entering a Pay N Spray. On the console versions, vehicles accumulate dirt over time and get clean following rainfall or being re-sprayed. This omission was fixed in the 1.01 patch for the PC version.
5) When you banging prostitutes in a vehicle, the resultant noises from CJ and the girl can be heard on the consoles but only the vehicle bumping sound can be heard on the PC.
6) Best version - game re-released and enhanced for Xbox 360 to celebrate the 10th anniversary.
7) Players can swim first ttime in open world, also can learn three different styles of hand-to-hand combat (boxing, jujutsu and wrestling), there is also the ability to skydive from aircraft, using a parachute.
8) Rampages have been modified to allow two players to complete them. The players are both shown
simultaneously on the screen, meaning they must stay within close proximity of each other. The
multiplayer rampages provide such functionality (not in Windows version).
9) The Guinness World Records 2009 Gamer's Edition lists it as the video game with the largest voice
cast, with 861 credited voice actors, including 174 actors and 687 additional performers, many of those performers being fans of the series who wanted to appear on the game, and also largest in-game soundtrack.
10) Edge declared that the game remains "the ultimate expression of freedom, before next-gen reined
it all back in".
11) Developer Garbut felt that in the PlayStation 2 era the team did not have the technical capabilities to capture Los Angeles properly, resulting in the San Andreas rendition of Los Santos feeling like a "backdrop or a game level with pedestrians randomly milling about".Therefore, the team disregarded San Andreas as a jumping-off point for Grand Theft Auto V, as they had moved on to a new generation of consoles since the former and wanted to build the city from scratch. As Garbut explained, with the move to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 hardware, "our processes and the fidelity of the world [had] evolved so much from San Andreas" that using it as a model would have been redundant.
12) Big Foot - thousands of gamers, are looking for a "Big Foot", and attempting to take pictures of it from the in-game camera. No one has confirmed its existence, but many photos gamers have taken resemble an rather big feature in the woods. Trees uprooted, and weird noises can be heard in the section of the map called "Back o Beyond". Also many alien and ghost sightings have been reported. Many gamers have since looked through the entire code and have found no reference to Big Foot or aliens.
13) If you choose to steal oil from a gas station as the first mission for Catalina, you'll see, for a brief moment, the words "Max Pane - Bulletproof Windows" on the window, which is a reference to Max Payne series.
14) You can derail train by shooting the driver and boost the speed when in train.
15) During the Reuniting the Families mission, the helicopter with the cops say, "Los Angeles Police Department" instead of saying, "Los Santos Police Department".
16) In the German Windows version, it will not be possible to rob people, and all blood will be removed.
17) GTA San anreas less bloody than Grand Theft Auto 3
17) More realistic looking bikes, cars, mirror in the side of the car showing clear image as in Grand Theft Auto 4. Car washes, similar to the ones in GTA IV in beta version- due to limitations of the game engine, they are removed or non-functional in the final (picture below).
18) Watch Gran Turismo 2 for more.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag