Quake (DOS) 1996
Next step in 3D First-person shooters-first use of lightmaps, first dynamic skies,more detailed graphics based on a graphic accelerator
Magazine review - PC gamer (1997)
Magazine commercial - PC gamer (1997)
Magazine review - PC Zone (1996)
Magazine preview - Computer and videogames (1996)
Magazine review - Computer and videogames (1996)
Magazine review - Computer and videogames (1997)
1) Music and sound design was by Trent Reznor, founder of Nine Inch Nails, using ambient soundscapes and synthezised drones to create atmospheric tracks.
2) Offered full real-time 3D rendering and early support for 3D acceleration through OpenGL.
3) Various multiplayer mods were developed including Team Fortress and Capture the flag.
4) Multiplayer Quake was one of the first games singled out as a form of electronic sport. A notable participant was Dennis Fong who won John Carmack's Ferrari 328 at the Microsoft-sponsored Red Annihilation tournament in 1997.
5) A preview included with id's very first release, 1990's Commander Keen, advertised a game entitled The Fight for Justice as a follow-up to the Keen trilogy. It would feature a character named Quake, "the strongest, most dangerous person on the continent", armed with thunderbolts and a "Ring of Regeneration." Conceived as a VGA full-color side-scrolling role-playing video game, The Fight for Justice was never released.
6) The earliest information released described Quake as focusing on a Thor-like character who wields a giant hammer, and is able to knock away enemies by throwing the hammer (complete with real-time inverse kinematics).
7) Various games used the Quake engine such as Half-Life, which is a heavily modified renamed to GoldSrc.
8) First dynamic skies- previous skies models in games was static.
9) A lightmap is a data structure used in lightmapping, a form of surface caching in which the brightness of surfaces in a virtual scene is pre-calculated and stored for later use.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag