Red Faction (PlayStation 2) 2001
Next step in 3D - advanced destructible environments, allowing the player to destroy certain sections of the scenery in the game (For example, instead of opening a door, a player could blast through the rock surrounding the door)
Magazine preview - PlayStation 2 Official (2004) +Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty preview
1) Red Faction takes place on Mars around the year 2075.
2) The game was inspired by several works of contemporary science fiction, most notably the movie Total
3) Advanced destructible environments - the game engine's GeoMod technology, which allowed
players to significantly alter and otherwise affect the surrounding terrain and buildings, either with
explosives or otherwise. Past games had allowed limited alteration of the environment through scripted
means, or special triggered areas which would add or remove certain predefined level elements. Red
Faction was one of the first games to allow players unscripted level-altering possibilities.
4) Descent 4 was a game being developed by Volition as part of the Descent game (watch Descent 3) franchise, as a prequel to Descent. However, it was cancelled and then the technology behind it and some of the plot, were incorporated into Red Faction. Examples include the main character Parker, the virus in Red Faction was the Robot Virus from Descent, for example) in order to tell a new story.
5) First desctructible enviroment was in Magic Carpet (1994).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag