Thayer's quest (halcyon) 1984
Emulation: only simulation (daphne)
First game controlled by voice.
Magazine review- Electronic Games (1985)
1) Released on RDI Halcyon console, where laser games controlled by speech recogniser.
2) The game was fully animated like Dragon's Lair, but required more than simply choosing when to fight or
which way to dodge in accordance with the animation. Instead the player had full control over Thayer's movement to different areas and was required to find and use a variety of magical
objects to overcome enemies and obstacles like in most later graphic adventure games.
3) The RDI'S Computer voice will sometimes give you hints, your score and when you lose a life in certain scenarios, such as if you chose a path that led to your death.
4) Arcade (with limited voivce recognition at the beginning of play )and home versions built at the same time, bur arcade releasae earlier.
5) The animation for this video game was never fully completed when it was first released in 1984. In the game the hero, Thayer, was to explore five kingdoms but only three were ever finished. Years later the game was re-titled Kingdoms and was released as a home computer video game that included the missing final two kingdoms.
6) Next voice recognition game appeared only in 1999 - Seaman (Dreamcast).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014 may
Google Chrome and Opera is best option fot this site!
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag