Tread Marks (Windows) 2000
Advanced destructible terrain, first endless landscapes in videogames
Review - Computer Games Magazine (2000)
"Tread Marks is fast, fun and looks great. It is a classic example of the creativity coming from today's small, independent software companies. There may be more of a lesson here than just "speed kills.""
1) Plot- You are in control of an artificially intelligent tank, that along with its fellow AI tanks, has decided
to abandon its human masters and just go have some fun.
2) Liquid metal tanks resembles Terminator from Terminator 2 movie (1991).
3) Game has level called Black Mesa (watch Half-Life).
4) Title meaning - "Tread marks" - mean terrain is destructible- you are leaving your marks on terrain.
5) First destructible terrain was in Magic Carpet (1994). Watch another revolutionary games with destructible enviroment -Red Faction (playstation 2) (2002)and Battlefield: Bad Company (xbox 360) (2008).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag