Urban Chaos (Windows) 1999
Next step in open world games -First modern open world game, first real predecessor of GTA 3 open world line og games, more detailed and interactive open world.
Magazine commercial - PCXL (1999)
Magazine review and connercial - Computer and videogames (2000)
1) Animals and children dissapears in open world games in 1999 - right at that moment when open world games allowed you to kill people on the streets (until GTA 5).
2) Game has phantasy elements (like another 1999 open world hame - GTA 2)
3) Game utilized a rather complex fighting system incorporating kicks, punches, throws and sliding tackles as well as two melee weapons; knives and baseball bats.
4) The city maps, although small, do include indoor areas, people to talk to, fights to intervene in and even additional missions and completely different ways to achieve the player's goals that include assaults, hostage rescues, and stopping someone from committing suicide.
5) A Jamaican gang banger is also available in bonus missions! -Milestone and beginning of modern mafia open world Third-person. Major influene on Grand Theft Auto 3.(and Gta 1 was major influence on Urban chaos, many critics in 1990-2000 compared this game with GTA ).
6) Urban Chaos was originally conceived as a Double Dragon-style game, with the environment-as-weapon flourishes of a Jackie Chan movie, but at the last moment, it was pitched to Eidos as an open-world-combat-driving game.
6) First and the last female antagonist in 3D open world games.
7) Eurogamer.net (UK) (Jan 04, 2000)- "Playing Urban Chaos gives you a great feeling of really being in a run-down city. Litter blows through the streets, which are alive with people going about their business"
8) "I was quite surprised by the graphics in Urban Chaos. Union City, where most of the action takes place, is modeled exceptionally well. No detail was too small, as Mucky Foot put a huge amount of effort into making this city as real as possible. As you run through the streets, leaves and papers blow about behind you beautifully and puddles not only reflect characters, but the moon as well. Everything is as you would find in a real city - well, a really bad city. Pedestrians walk around the town like real people, (and if you don't like them, you can beat the crap outta them, yeah!) thugs' attack without warning and cars drive around. No, this isn't New York City, it's Union City. This music is very nice as well, and sounds are what you would expect from a game like this. Nothing can top the sound of beating a pedestrian with a baseball bat. " Game Vortex (1999).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag